Sometime I feel I am doing a bit overboard for the prelude of what I want to convey. But believe me it is essential. I do not want to give instructions for raising hands, or breathing techniques only.
As it won’t help in any sense for what I want people to understand as what yoga is!!
As the word meaning (I am sorry to go back. You will find me going back again and again it’s just a quick recall of what we talk here…) Yoga is yuj to join….
We have so many things connected in our body internally to function, as a body. Similarly yoga is to connect with mind and body which as a result gives us bliss.
Bliss is state of mind and can be achieved only if we are ready to see things as it is.Do not wish to change, Do not interfere. And so on.
Being a witness…
No I am not preaching…
So, when we connect with yoga for a lifestyle then it has to deliver its strength.
It does not teach you only to do some postures, breathing, and get great shape…
Infact it does more on your thoughts, talks and also your behaviour on how you behave with your own self. Then, only you can behave in a good manner with others.
My next blog topic will be,Performance with balance…yoga for a stress free daily life!!
Think of life style we get food,clothes,house arrangement,going out,overall maintaing our social life.The sense behind calling it as life style is lost..it means to create an environment in which a person can live comfortably.Let us take for an example we have a pet at home she is popo a female dog.She eats whatever we feed specially my son feeds her.But the day she gets the feeling she has eaten too much she goes out bites some grass and throws up all.
As we all know our body has its own way to warn us as where we are going.Are we in safe or unsafe zone.!!!we do not take that warning as it is we ignore it.
This is where we need to think why are we doing this??how to maintain a life without warning.
This is where we should head for alternative therapies as yoga.
Yoga is not meant for only physical level.certain extent it does works but it is a subtle inner conscious.
The body adapts what we do to it upto a certain level…why don’t we make a good adoptation so that the body and the mind is healthy=the result healthy mind with a healthy body works towards a healthy life….
which is where i come back a healthy life gives us lot, a good socio economic stand,good family relationship..great and sharp intellect to think and perform better.
Performing better????as what!!!
To understand Life style,one must understand what is Life!!
Life according to the source wikipedia..
- Homeostasis: Regulation of the internal environment to maintain a constant state; for example, electrolyte concentration or sweating to reduce temperature.
- Organization: Being structurally composed of one or more cells, which are the basic units of life.
- Metabolism: Transformation of energy by converting chemicals and energy into cellular components (anabolism) and decomposing organic matter (catabolism). Living things require energy to maintain internal organization (homeostasis) and to produce the other phenomena associated with life.
- Growth: Maintenance of a higher rate of anabolism than catabolism. A growing organism increases in size in all of its parts, rather than simply accumulating matter.
- Adaptation: The ability to change over a period of time in response to the environment. This ability is fundamental to the process of evolution and is determined by the organism’s heredity as well as the composition of metabolized substances, and external factors present.
- Response to stimuli: A response can take many forms, from the contraction of a unicellular organism to external chemicals, to complex reactions involving all the senses of multicellular organisms. A response is often expressed by motion, for example, the leaves of a plant turning toward the sun (phototropism) and by chemotaxis.
- Reproduction: The ability to produce new individual organisms, either asexually from a single parent organism, or sexually from two parent organisms.
Ohh so complicated meaning for life..
Let us simplify it.
It means there is a system which has its own way to function and carry the body /matter as a living/alive.
Now if we have a system we need to run it smoothly,service it at times,maintain it for a purpose.
That maintaining way is called style in Living.
It is not a luxury but a necessity.
Thus lifestyle is a necessity.Coming to the point If some thing is so important in our life why do we ignore it?
Why do we take ourself for granted,our body keeps working whole day and night,why don;t we think of giving some pampering!!!
What is pampering??Don’t we pamper our childern,spouse,boss,associates,friends etcc.One may say why do you say that I pamper myself by treating myself with a chocolate,icecream,dine at a star hotel..
Let us think are we pampering,are we making its existence easy?
Yoga (Sanskrit,pali, yoga) is a physical, mental, and spiritual discipline, originating in ancient India,whose goal is the attainment of a state of perfect spiritual insight and tranquility.The word is associated with meditative practices in Hinduism, Buddhism and Jainism.
The word yoga is used to refer to one of the six orthodox (Ashtika) schools of Hindu philosophy. Yoga in this sense is based on the Yoga sutras of Patanjali.
Patanjali’s system is discussed and elaborated upon in many classical Hindu texts, and has also been influential in Buddhism and Jainism. The Bhagvadgita, introduces distinctions such as Jnana yoga (“yoga based on knowledge”) vs. Karma yoga (“yoga based on action”).
Other systems of philosophy introduced in Hinduism during the medieval period are Bhakti yoga, and Hatha yoga.
The Sanskrit word Yoga has the literal meaning of “yoke”, from a root yuj meaning to join, to unite, or to attach. As a term for a system of abstract meditation or mental abstraction it was introduced by Patanjali, in the 2nd century BC. Someone who practices yoga or follows the yoga philosophy with a high level of commitment is called a yogi or yogini.
The goals of yoga are varied and range from improving health to achieving Moksha.
But we will not talk about Moksha here, now..